ISTQB Virtual Advanced Test Analyst Training
The Advanced Test Analyst course, created by Rex Black, past President of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB), past President of the American Software Testing Qualifications Board (ASTQB) and co-author of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board Advanced Syllabus, provides test engineers with advanced skills in test analysis, design, and execution through direct instruction and group exercises.
This hands-on course provides test engineers with the ability to define and carry out the tasks required to put the strategy into action and is ideal for testers and test teams preparing for certification. In preparation for the exam, participants will learn the subject matter behind the test standard and deepen their understanding by working through case studies and exercises. In group exercises, typical review situations are played out and analyzed. The objectives for the course are as follows:
- Perform the appropriate testing activities based on the software development lifecycle being used.
- Determine the proper prioritization of the testing activities based on the information provided by the risk analysis.
- Select and apply appropriate testing techniques to ensure that tests provide an adequate level of confidence, based on defined coverage criteria.
- Provide the appropriate level of documentation relevant to the testing activities.
- Determine the appropriate types of functional testing to be performed.
- Work effectively in a usability testing team.
- Effectively participate in requirements/user story reviews reviews with stakeholders, applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in work products.
- Improve the efficiency of the test process with the use of tools.
Attendees attend the virtual classroom via Zoom. Sessions start at 9:00 am Central and end at 5:00 pm Central. A recorded session is made available to attendees. Purchase of course tuition includes:
- Complimentary access to the RBCS e-learning course
- Instructor-led three-day course
- A set of approximately 400 PowerPoint slides covering the topics to be addressed
- A downloadable copy of the complete note set. Download the materials to a PC or mobile device. There is no expiration date on access to this valuable resource as they will be downloadable. Digital rights management and intellectual property rights are protected by some limitations such as the inability to share the file with others. Further, while the materials can be printed, each page includes a prominent watermark, with the exception of the pages in the ISTQB Syllabus and Glossary.
- Foundation Sample Exam Questions and Foundation Level mock exam to provide a review of the Foundation Level exam
- ISTQB Advanced Level Syllabus Test Analyst
- The latest glossary of terms used in Software Testing produced by members of the ISTQB
- Standards for Software Testing
- Advanced Test Analyst Sample Exam Questions embedded throughout course. A complete set of questions for every learning objective in the Test Analyst module of the ISTQB Advanced Syllabus
- Exercise solutions
- Advanced Test Analyst Mock Exam
- Project Source Documents for Course Exercises
- Add-on option of printed copies of printed course materials
- An electronic exam voucher valid for one year is priced separately and is available as an optional purchase using the pulldown menu on this page. All individuals sitting for the Advanced Level exams must have successfully completed the Foundation Level Certification and sufficient practical experience. Proof of eligibility is available from the American Software Testing Qualifications Board and is required to take an Advanced exam
- Course completion certificate (often used for employer reimbursement)
Remote-proctored exams – In response to Covid-19 and the necessity to social distance, the ISTQB Certified Tester exams can be taken online at home via a remote-proctor.
The exam is not administered during the course. With the ASTQB Advanced Level, specialist or agile exams, a second exam attempt is included provided that the examinee received their Foundation Level certification via an ASTQB or AT*SQA exam and had the first attempt by December 31, 2022. The second attempt must be made within 4 months of the first. For all iSQI exam levels, an exam can be purchased with a single exam attempt only or a 2TRY exam can be purchased allowing for a second attempt regardless of the exam used for the Foundation Level certification. The second attempt must be made within 90 days of the first.
Once the exam voucher has been issued, it is not refundable.
Accredited by ASTQB June 2021. This course follows the ISTQB Advanced Level Syllabus Test Analyst v3.1.1.There are no cancellations or registration transfers to another date within 30 days prior to the start of a live course or after activating an e-learning course. You will be held responsible for 100% of the tuition if you cancel your registration within that time period. If the course is canceled by RBCS you will receive a 100% refund or, upon your request, your tuition can be moved to another course.
Blended e-learning, licenses and volume discounts are also available for companies.