ISTQB Virtual Foundation Level Performance Tester Training
The ISTQB Foundation Level Performance Tester hands-on course provides anyone involved in software testing a chance to broaden their knowledge of performance testing. If someone has a desire to start a specialist career in performance testing, this course will help them understand the fundamentals and theories behind performance testing, and to prepare for the certification exam.
The course was co-created by Rex Black, past President of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB), past President of the American Software Testing Qualifications Board (ASTQB) and Jamie Mitchell, who brings over 38 years of testing experience, both hardware and software. Jamie is a pioneer in the test automation field, having been creating automated testing since 1991. Both Rex and Jamie are co-authors of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board Advanced Syllabus.
The objectives for the course are as follows:
- Understand the basic concepts of performance and performance testing
- Define performance risks, goals, and requirements to meet stakeholder needs and expectations
- Understand performance metrics and how to collect them
- Develop a performance test plan for achieving stated goals and requirements
- Conceptually design, implement, and execute basic performance tests
- Analyze the results of a performance test and state implications to various stakeholders
- Explain the process, rationale, results, and implications of performance tests to various stakeholders
- Understand categories and uses for performance tools and criteria for their selection
- Determine how performance testing activities align with the software lifecycle
Attendees attend the virtual classroom via Zoom. Sessions start at 9:00 am Central and end at 5:00 pm Central. A recorded session is made available to attendees within 48 hours. Purchase of course tuition includes:
- Instructor-led two-day course
- A set of approximately 220 PowerPoint slides covering the topics to be addressed
- A downloadable copy of the complete note set. Download the materials to a PC or mobile device. There is no expiration date on access to this valuable resource as they will be downloadable. Digital rights management and intellectual property rights are protected by some limitations such as the inability to share the file with others. Further, while the materials can be printed, each page includes a prominent watermark, with the exception of the pages in the Syllabus and Glossary.
- Foundation Sample Exam Questions and Foundation Level mock exam to provide a review of the Foundation Level exam
- ASTQB Foundation Level Performance Testing Syllabus
- The latest glossary of terms used in Software Testing produced by members of the ISTQB
- Foundation Level Performance Testing Sample Exam Questions embedded throughout course. A complete set of questions for every learning objective in the ASTQB Foundation Level Performance Testing Syllabus.
- Foundation Level Performance Testing Mock Exam
- Project Source Documents for Course Exercises
- Add-on option of printed copies of printed course materials
- An electronic exam voucher valid for one year is priced separately and is available as an optional purchase using the pulldown menu on this page.
- Course completion certificate (often used for employer reimbursement)
Remote-proctored exams – In response to Covid-19 and the necessity to social distance, the ISTQB Certified Tester exams can be taken online at home via a remote-proctor.
The exam is not administered during the course. With the ASTQB Advanced Level exams, a second exam attempt is included provided that the examinee received their Foundation Level certification via an ASTQB or AT*SQA exam and had the first attempt by December 31, 2021. The second attempt must be made within 4 months of the first. For all iSQI exam levels, an exam can be purchased with a single exam attempt only or a 2TRY exam can be purchased allowing for a second attempt regardless of the exam used for the Foundation Level certification. The second attempt must be made within 90 days of the first.
Once the exam voucher has been issued, it is not refundable.
This course was accredited by the ASTQB February 2019. This course follows the ISTQB Foundation Level Performance Testing Syllabus 2018.
Blended e-learning (when available), licenses and volume discounts are also available for companies.