ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Test Manager E-Learning
The Advanced Test Manager course, created by Rex Black, past President of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB), immediate past President of the American Software Testing Qualifications Board (ASTQB) and co-author of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board Advanced Syllabus, provides test managers with advanced skills in test estimation, test planning, test monitoring, and test control.
This hands-on course provides test managers with the ability to define the overall testing goals and strategy for the systems being tested and is ideal for test managers preparing for certification. The objectives of the course are as follows:
- Manage a testing project by implementing the mission, goals and testing processes established for the testing organization
- Organize and lead risk identification and risk analysis sessions and use the results of such sessions for test estimation, planning, monitoring and control
- Create and implement test plans consistent with organizational policies and test strategies
- Continuously monitor and control the test activities to achieve project objectives
- Assess and report relevant and timely test status to project stakeholders
- Identify skills and resource gaps in their test team and participate in sourcing adequate resources
- Identify and plan necessary skills development within their test team
- Propose a business case for test activities which outlines the costs and benefits expected
- Ensure proper communication within the test team and with other project stakeholders
- Participate in and lead test process improvement initiatives
Purchase of the e-learning course includes:
- Three months of unlimited access to the online course
- Foundation Sample Exam Questions and Foundation Level mock exam to provide a review of the Foundation Level exam
- ISTQB Advanced Level Syllabus Test Manager
- A set of approximately 600 PowerPoint slides covering the topics to be addressed
- NEW!! A downloadable copy of the complete note set. Download the materials to a PC or mobile device. There is no expiration date on access to this valuable resource as they will be downloadable. Digital rights management and intellectual property rights are protected by some limitations such as the inability to share the file with others. Further, while the materials can be printed, each page includes a prominent watermark, with the exception of the pages in the ISTQB Syllabus and Glossary.
- The latest glossary of terms used in Software Testing produced by member of the ISTQB
- Standards for Software Testing
- Advanced Test Manager Sample Exam Questions embedded throughout course. A complete set of questions for every learning objective in the Test Manager module of the ISTQB Advanced Syllabus
- Exercise solutions
- Advanced Test Manager Mock Exam
- Project Source Documents for Course Exercises
- Add-on option of printed copies of printed course materials and/or supplemental textbook "Advanced Software Testing-Vol 2: Guide to the ISTQB Advanced Certification as an Advanced Test Manager" (hard copy or e-book format)
- An electronic exam voucher valid for one year is priced separately and is available as an optional purchase using the pulldown menu on this page.
- All individuals sitting for the Advanced Level exams must have successfully completed the Foundation Level Certification.
- Course completion certificate (often used for employer reimbursement)
Remote-proctored exams – In response to Covid-19 and the necessity to social distance, the ISTQB Certified Tester exams can be taken online at home via a remote-proctor.
With the ASTQB Advanced Level exams, a second exam attempt is included provided that the examinee received their Foundation Level certification via an ASTQB or AT*SQA exam and had the first attempt by December 31, 2021. The second attempt must be made within 4 months of the first. For all iSQI exam levels, an exam can be purchased with a single exam attempt only or a 2TRY exam can be purchased allowing for a second attempt regardless of the exam used for the Foundation Level certification. The second attempt must be made within 90 days of the first.
Accredited by ASTQB January 2014 ISTQB Advanced level Syllabus 2012.
Blended e-learning, licenses and volume discounts are also available for companies.
Login instructions to be emailed.
There are no cancellations or registration transfers to another date within 30 days prior to the start of a live course or after activating an e-learning course. You will be held responsible for 100% of the tuition if you cancel your registration within that time period. If the course is canceled by RBCS you will receive a 100% refund or, upon your request, your tuition can be moved to another course.