ISTQB Virtual Advanced Security Tester Boot Camp
The Advanced Level Security Tester Boot Camp course, created by Rex Black, past President of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB), past President of the American Software Testing Qualifications Board (ASTQB) and co-author of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board Foundation Syllabus, is ideal for testers and test teams preparing for certification in a short timeframe with time and money constraints.
This boot camp combines a two day virtual classroom immersion in the Advanced Level Security Tester Syllabus with a copy of the book, “CompTIA Security+ All-in-One Exam Guide, Fourth Edition (Exam SY0-401)”, along with targeted reading selections for the topics in the syllabus.
The objectives of the two day virtual classroom are as follows:
- Review the learning objectives in the ISTQB Advanced Level Security Tester Syllabus, which are the main basis for Advanced Security Tester exam
- Review the text of the ISTQB Advanced Level Security Tester Syllabus, helping to explain the concepts in clear, memorable terms
- Review and explain the glossary terms in the ISTQB Advanced Level Security Tester Syllabus, including their ISTQB definitions
- Provide an immersive experience with the ISTQB Advanced Level Security Tester Syllabus, thereby giving the attendee a comprehensive exam preparation experience
Attendees attend the virtual classroom via Zoom. Each 2 day 3 1/2 hour per day course starts at 12:00 noon Central and ends at 3:30 PM Central, to provide convenient access to attendees anywhere in the American hemisphere. Sessions include over an hour of planned Q&A sessions for attendees. Ten minute breaks occur every two hours. A recorded session is made available to attendees within 48 hours.
In accordance with the RBCS Green Initiative this boot camp is completely paperless, unless you opt to purchase hard copy materials. The materials include:
- A printed copy of the supplemental textbook “CompTIA Security+ All-in-One Exam Guide, Fourth Edition (Exam SY0-401)”
- Advanced Level Security Tester Sample Exam Questions embedded throughout boot camp. A complete set of questions for every learning objective in the ISTQB Advanced Level Security Tester Syllabus
- ISTQB Advanced Level Security Tester Syllabus
- The latest glossary of terms used in Software Testing produced by members of the ISTQB
- An electronic exam voucher valid for one year is priced separately and is available as an optional purchase using the pulldown menu on this page
An electronic exam voucher valid for one year is priced separately and is available as an optional purchase using the pulldown menu on this page. With the ASTQB Advanced Level exams, a second exam attempt is included provided that the examinee received their Foundation Level certification via an ASTQB exam and had the first attempt by Dec 31, 2020. The second attempt must be made within 4 months of the first. For all iSQI exam levels, an exam can be purchased with a single exam attempt only or a 2TRY exam can be purchased allowing for a second attempt regardless of the exam used for the Foundation Level certification. The second attempt must be made within 90 days of the first.
Click below to download your preferred format of the syllabus: PDF format
There are no cancellations or registration transfers to another date within 30 dates prior to the start of the course. You will be held responsible for 100% of the tuition if you cancel your registration within that time period. If the boot camp is canceled by RBCS you will received a 100% refund or, upon your request, your tuition can be moved to another boot camp.
Volume discounts are also available for companies. Login instructions to be emailed. On-line extensions are not applicable to this boot camp.