ISTQB Virtual Test Engineering Foundation Level Training
The Foundation Level Test course, created by Rex Black, past President of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB), past President of the American Software Testing Qualifications Board (ASTQB), Project Manager and Technical Editor for ISTQB Foundation Syllabus 2018, Chair of the Agile Working Group, and co-author of over ten other ISTQB syllabi, this course is ideal for testers and test teams preparing for certification.
This course provides testers, developers, test engineers, test analysts, SDETs/SETs, DevQAers, DevTesters, and test managers with the essential ideas, processes, tools, and skills they need to apply fundamental testing best practices. This hands-on course covers the major test techniques with lecture and exercises.
The objectives of the course are as follows:
- Review the major test design techniques with lecture and exercises
- Methodology behind a successful testing program and covers a wide range of issues, from those related to the individual tester to those related to the testing department as a whole
- The testing process is presented, both through theory and hands-on exercises that follow an example project, including the difficult tasks of tracking and presenting tests results
- Creation of a test environment and test automation is also covered, along with system development lifecycles and how they affect testing
Attendees attend the virtual classroom via Zoom. Sessions start at 9:00 am Central and end at 5:00 pm Central. A recorded session is made available to attendees within 48 hours. Purchase of course tuition includes:
- Complimentary access to the RBCS e-learning course
- Instructor-led virtual four-day course
- Two weeks of unlimited access to the e-learning course, starting one week prior to the virtual classroom session
- A set of approximately 400 PowerPoint slides covering the topics to be addressed
- NEW!! A downloadable copy of the complete note set. Download the materials to a PC or mobile device. There is no expiration date on access to this valuable resource as they will be downloadable. Digital rights management and intellectual property rights are protected by some limitations such as the inability to share the file with others. Further, while the materials can be printed, each page includes a prominent watermark, with the exception of the pages in the ISTQB Syllabus and Glossary.
- Four sample Foundation Level mock exams to provide a review of the Foundation Level exam
- ISTQB Foundation Level Syllabus
- The latest glossary of terms used in Software Testing produced by members of the ISTQB
- Standards for Software Testing
- Test Engineering Foundation Sample Exam Questions embedded throughout course
- Exercise solutions
- Project Source Documents for Course Exercises
- Shipment option of printed copies of written course materials and/or supplemental textbook, “Foundations of Software Testing: ISTQB Certification”
- Course completion certificate (often used for employer reimbursement)
The exam is not administered during the course. An electronic exam voucher valid for one year is priced separately and is available as an optional purchase using the pulldown menu on this page. With the ASTQB Advanced Level exams, a second exam attempt is included provided that the examinee received their Foundation Level certification via an ASTQB exam and had the first attempt by Dec 31, 2020. The second attempt must be made within 4 months of the first. For all iSQI exam levels, an exam can be purchased with a single exam attempt only or a 2TRY exam can be purchased allowing for a second attempt regardless of the exam used for the Foundation Level certification. The second attempt must be made within 90 days of the first.
This course was accredited by the ASTQB August 2018. This course follows the ISTQB Foundation Level Syllabus 2018.
Blended e-learning, licenses and volume discounts are also available for companies.
There are no cancellations or registration transfers to another date within 30 dates prior to the start of the course. You will be held responsible for 100% of the tuition if you cancel your registration within that time period. If the course is canceled by RBCS you will received a 100% refund or, upon your request, your tuition can be moved to another course.