ISTQB Virtual Advanced Test Analyst Training
The Advanced Test Analyst course, created by Rex Black, past President of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB), past President of the American Software Testing Qualifications Board (ASTQB) and co-author of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board Advanced Syllabus, provides test engineers with advanced skills in test analysis, design, and execution through direct instruction and group exercises.
This hands-on course provides test engineers with the ability to define and carry out the tasks required to put the strategy into action and is ideal for testers and test teams preparing for certification. In preparation for the exam, participants will learn the subject matter behind the test standard and deepen their understanding by working through case studies and exercises. In group exercises, typical review situations are played out and analyzed. The objectives for the course are as follows:
- Recognize and classify the typical risks associated with the performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability of software systems.
- Create test plans which detail the planning, design and execution of tests for mitigating performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability risks.
- Select and apply appropriate structural design techniques to ensure that tests provide an adequate level of confidence, based on code coverage and design coverage.
- Effectively participate in technical reviews with developers and software architects applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in code and architecture.
- Recognize risks in code and software architecture and create test plan elements to mitigate those risks through dynamic analysis.
- Propose improvements to the security, maintainability and testability of code by applying static analysis.
- Outline the costs and benefits to be expected from introducing particular types of test automation.
- Select appropriate tools to automate technical testing tasks.
- Understand the technical issues and concepts in applying test automation.
Attendees attend the virtual classroom via Zoom. Sessions start at 9:00 am Central and end at 5:00 pm Central. A recorded session is made available to attendees within 48 hours. Purchase of course tuition includes:
- Complimentary access to the RBCS e-learning course
- Instructor-led four-day course
- A set of approximately 500 PowerPoint slides covering the topics to be addressed
- NEW!! A downloadable copy of the complete note set. Download the materials to a PC or mobile device. There is no expiration date on access to this valuable resource as they will be downloadable. Digital rights management and intellectual property rights are protected by some limitations such as the inability to share the file with others. Further, while the materials can be printed, each page includes a prominent watermark, with the exception of the pages in the ISTQB Syllabus and Glossary.
- Foundation Sample Exam Questions and Foundation Level mock exam to provide a review of the Foundation Level exam
- ISTQB Advanced Level Syllabus Test Analyst
- The latest glossary of terms used in Software Testing produced by members of the ISTQB
- Standards for Software Testing
- Advanced Test Analyst Sample Exam Questions embedded throughout course. A complete set of questions for every learning objective in the Test Analyst module of the ISTQB Advanced Syllabus
- Exercise solutions
- Advanced Test Analyst Mock Exam
- Project Source Documents for Course Exercises
- Add-on option of printed copies of printed course materials and/or supplemental textbook "Advanced Software Testing-Vol 1: Guide to the ISTQB Advanced Certification as an Advanced Test Analyst" (hard copy or e-book format)
- An electronic exam voucher valid for one year is priced separately and is available as an optional purchase using the pulldown menu on this page. All individuals sitting for the Advanced Level exams must have successfully completed the Foundation Level Certification and sufficient practical experience. Proof of eligibility is available from the American Software Testing Qualifications Board and is required to take an Advanced exam
- Course completion certificate (often used for employer reimbursement)
Remote-proctored exams – In response to Covid-19 and the necessity to social distance, the ISTQB Certified Tester exams can be taken online at home via a remote-proctor. RBCS is unaware of the availability of remote proctoring beyond March 2021.
The exam is not administered during the course. With the ASTQB Advanced Level exams, a second exam attempt is included provided that the examinee received their Foundation Level certification via an ASTQB exam and had the first attempt by Dec 31, 2020. The second attempt must be made within 4 months of the first. For all iSQI exam levels, an exam can be purchased with a single exam attempt only or a 2TRY exam can be purchased allowing for a second attempt regardless of the exam used for the Foundation Level certification. The second attempt must be made within 90 days of the first.
Once the exam voucher has been issued, it is not refundable.
Accredited by ASTQB December 2012. This course follows the ISTQB Advanced Level Syllabus Test Analyst 2012. Course is currently being updated for the most recent syllabus. If you are ready to take the exam now be sure to review the ISTQB Advanced Level Syllabus Test Analyst 2019 as well as the course materials.There are no cancellations or registration transfers to another date within 30 dates prior to the start of the course. You will be held responsible for 100% of the tuition if you cancel your registration within that time period. If the course is canceled by RBCS you will received a 100% refund or, upon your request, your tuition can be moved to another course.
Blended e-learning, licenses and volume discounts are also available for companies.