ASTQB Foundation Level Performance Tester Training
The Foundation Level Performance Tester hands-on course provides anyone involved in software testing a chance to broaden their knowledge of performance testing. If someone has a desire to start a specialist career in performance testing, this course will help them understand the fundamentals and theories behind performance testing, and to prepare for the certification exam.
The course was co-created by Rex Black, past President of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB), past President of the American Software Testing Qualifications Board (ASTQB) and Jamie Mitchell, who brings over 38 years of testing experience, both hardware and software. Jamie is a pioneer in the test automation field, having been creating automated testing since 1991. Both Rex and Jamie are co-authors of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board Advanced Syllabus.
The objectives for the course are as follows:
- Understand the basic concepts of performance and performance testing
- Define performance risks, goals, and requirements to meet stakeholder needs and expectations
- Understand performance metrics and how to collect them
- Develop a performance test plan for achieving stated goals and requirements
- Conceptually design, implement, and execute basic performance tests
- Analyze the results of a performance test and state implications to various stakeholders
- Explain the process, rationale, results, and implications of performance tests to various stakeholders
- Understand categories and uses for performance tools and criteria for their selection
- Determine how performance testing activities align with the software lifecycle
Purchase of the course tuition includes:
- Instructor-led three-day course
- A set of approximately 220 PowerPoint slides covering the topics to be addressed
- A downloadable copy of the complete note set. Download the materials to a PC or mobile device. There is no expiration date on access to this valuable resource as they will be downloadable. Digital rights management and intellectual property rights are protected by some limitations such as the inability to share the file with others. Further, while the materials can be printed, each page includes a prominent watermark, with the exception of the pages in the Syllabus and Glossary.
- Foundation Sample Exam Questions and Foundation Level mock exam to provide a review of the Foundation Level exam
- ASTQB Foundation Level Performance Testing Syllabus
- The latest glossary of terms used in Software Testing produced by members of the ISTQB
- Foundation Level Performance Testing Sample Exam Questions embedded throughout course. A complete set of questions for every learning objective in the ASTQB Foundation Level Performance Testing Syllabus.
- Foundation Level Performance Testing Mock Exam
- Project Source Documents for Course Exercises
- Add-on option of printed copies of written course materials and/or supplemental textbook
- The certification exam fee. Exams are held on the afternoon of the final course day and are administered by a representative of the exam provider
- Course completion certificate (often used for employer reimbursement)
Will be submitted to ASTQB for accreditation. This course follows the ASTQB Foundation Level Performance Testing Syllabus 2018.
There are no cancellations or registration transfers to another date within 30 dates prior to the start of the course. You will be held responsible for 100% of the tuition if you cancel your registration within that time period. If the course is canceled by RBCS you will received a 100% refund or, upon your request, your tuition can be moved to another course.
Blended e-learning (when available), licenses and volume discounts are also available for companies.