ISTQB Test Engineering Foundation Level Training & ASTQB Certified Mobile Tester
ISTQB Foundation Level exam voucher included with the course fee
Why not, in one week, take your ISTQB Test Engineering Foundation Level Training (3 days) and your ASTQB Certified Mobile Tester training (2 days)? The Foundation Level course provides test engineers and test managers with the essential ideas, processes, tools and skills they need in order to set themselves on a path for true testing professionalism. The Mobile course provides testers and test managers with an understanding of the fundamentals of testing on mobile projects.
The Foundation Level Test course, created by Rex Black, past President of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB), past President of the American Software Testing Qualifications Board (ASTQB) and co-author of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board Foundation Syllabus, is ideal for testers and test teams preparing for certification.
Foundation Level course provides test engineers and test managers with the essential ideas, processes, tools and skills they need in order to set themselves on a path for true testing professionalism.
The objectives of the course are as follows:
- Review the major test design techniques with lecture and exercises
- Methodology behind a successful testing program and covers a wide range of issues, from those related to the individual tester to those related to the testing department as a whole
- The testing process is presented, both through theory and hands-on exercises that follow an example project, including the difficult tasks of tracking and presenting tests results
- Creation of a test environment and test automation is also covered, along with system development lifecycles and how they affect testing
The ISTQB Mobile Tester Foundation Level Test course, created by Rex Black is ideal for testers and test teams preparing for certification.
This hands-on course provides testers and test managers with an understanding of the fundamentals of testing on mobile projects.
The objectives of the course are as follows:
- Identify and mitigate the challenges that face a mobile application tester.
- Plan, design and implement appropriate test cases for mobile applications.
- Work with other team members to identify and assess risks and to implement a testing solution to help mitigate those risks.
- Identify the applicable quality characteristics for a mobile application and identify an appropriate testing approach to address those characteristics.
- Participate in tool analysis and selection to select the most appropriate tools for conducting mobile application testing.
- Identify areas for non-functional testing and prepare appropriate tests for those areas.
- Understand the differences between the various mobile application types and select appropriate tools, techniques and approaches to test those applications.
- Effectively employ simulators, emulators and the cloud for testing.
- Participate in planning for the future, including proper tool selection and building for maintainability.
Training week tuition includes:
- The option to register for only one course
- Complimentary access to the RBCS e-learning version of both the Foundation Level and Mobile course (when available)
- Instructor-led 3-day Foundation Level course and instructor-led 2-day Mobile course
- A set of approximately 700 Foundation Level and PowerPoint slides and a set of approximately 200 Mobile PowerPoint slides covering the topics to be addressed
- NEW!! A downloadable copy of the complete note set for each course. Download the materials to a PC or mobile device. There is no expiration date on access to this valuable resource as they will be downloadable. Digital rights management and intellectual property rights are protected by some limitations such as the inability to share the file with others. Further, while the materials can be printed, each page includes a prominent watermark, with the exception of the pages in the ISTQB Syllabus and Glossary.
- Three sample Foundation Level mock exams to provide a review of the Foundation Level exam
- ISTQB Foundation Level Syllabus
- The latest glossary of terms used in Software Testing produced by members of the ISTQB
- Standards for Software Testing
- Test Engineering Foundation Sample Exam Questions embedded throughout course
- Mobile Tester Foundation Sample Exam Questions embedded throughout course
- Exercise solutions
- Mock exams
- Project Source Documents for Course Exercises
- Shipment option of printed copies of supplemental textbook, "Foundations of Software Testing: ISTQB Certification"
- The $250 certification Foundation Level exam fee. An exam voucher to be used at a Kryterion testing Center will be issued. The Mobile exam fee is not included with the tuition. We suggest that attendees of the mobile course hold the ISTQB Foundation Level certificate, especially if they intend to take the ASTQB Mobile Tester exam, but non-certificate holders can benefit from the course and take the exam. Exam vouchers for electronic Mobile exams can be issued for $150 to be used at a local Kryterion testing center.
- Course completion certificate (often used for employer reimbursement)
The ISTQB Test Engineering Foundation Level Training was re-accredited by ASTQB June 2010. This course follows the ISTQB Foundation Level Syllabus 2011. Click below to download your preferred format of the syllabus: PDF format, EPUB (Nook) format or MOBI (Kindle) format.