ISTQB Test Engineering Foundation Level Training & ISTQB Foundation Level Extension Agile Tester (Foundation Level Training Only)
ISTQB Foundation Level exam voucher included with the course fee
Why not, in one week, take your ISTQB Test Engineering Foundation Level Training (3 days) and your ISTQB Foundation Level Extension Agile Tester training (2 days)? The Foundation Level course provides test engineers and test managers with the essential ideas, processes, tools and skills they need in order to set themselves on a path for true testing professionalism. The Agile course provides testers and test managers with an understanding of the fundamentals of testing on agile projects. ISTQB rules require Foundation Level certification prior to sitting for the Agile exam.
The Foundation Level Test course, created by Rex Black, past President of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB), past President of the American Software Testing Qualifications Board (ASTQB) and co-author of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board Foundation Syllabus, is ideal for testers and test teams preparing for certification.
Foundation Level course provides test engineers and test managers with the essential ideas, processes, tools and skills they need in order to set themselves on a path for true testing professionalism.
The objectives of the course are as follows:
- Review the major test design techniques with lecture and exercises
- Methodology behind a successful testing program and covers a wide range of issues, from those related to the individual tester to those related to the testing department as a whole
- The testing process is presented, both through theory and hands-on exercises that follow an example project, including the difficult tasks of tracking and presenting tests results
- Creation of a test environment and test automation is also covered, along with system development lifecycles and how they affect testing
The ISTQB Agile Tester Foundation Level Test course, created by Rex Black is ideal for testers and test teams preparing for certification.
This hands-on course provides testers and test managers with an understanding of the fundamentals of testing on agile projects.
The objectives of the course are as follows:
- Collaborate in an agile team, being familiar with agile principles and practices
- Adapt existing testing experience, knowledge, and best practices to agile projects
- Support the agile team in planning test-related activities
- Apply relevant test methods and techniques
- Assist in test automation
- Help business stakeholders define understandable and testable user stories and acceptance criteria
- Collaborate and share information with other team members
- Work effectively within an agile team and environment
Training week tuition includes:
- The option to register for only one course
- Complimentary access to the RBCS e-learning version of both the Foundation Level and Agile course
- Instructor-led 3-day Foundation Level course and instructor-led 2-day Agile course
- A set of approximately 700 Foundation Level and PowerPoint slides and a set of approximately 200 Agile PowerPoint slides covering the topics to be addressed
- NEW!! A downloadable copy of the complete note set for each course. View the materials on and/or download the materials to a PC or mobile device. There is no expiration date on access to this valuable resource as they will be downloadable. Digital rights management and intellectual property rights are protected by some limitations such as the inability to share the file with others. Further, while the materials can be printed, each page includes a prominent watermark, with the exception of the pages in the ISTQB Syllabus and Glossary.
- Three sample Foundation Level mock exams to provide a review of the Foundation Level exam
- ISTQB Foundation Level Syllabus
- The latest glossary of terms used in Software Testing produced by members of the ISTQB
- Standards for Software Testing
- Test Engineering Foundation Sample Exam Questions embedded throughout course
- Agile Tester Foundation Sample Exam Questions embedded throughout course
- Exercise solutions
- Mock exams
- Project Source Documents for Course Exercises
- Shipment option of printed copies of supplemental textbook, "Foundations of Software Testing: ISTQB Certification"
- The $250 certification Foundation Level exam fee. An exam voucher to be used at a Kryterion testing Center will be issued. The Agile exam fee is not included with the tuition. Current rules require that individuals sitting for the ISTQB Agile Tester Foundation Level Extension exam must be CTFL certified. Exam vouchers for electronic Agile exams can be issued for an additional $150 to be used at a local Kryterion testing center.
- Course completion certificate (often used for employer reimbursement)
The ISTQB Test Engineering Foundation Level Training was re-accredited by ASTQB June 2010. This course follows the ISTQB Foundation Level Syllabus 2011. Click below to download your preferred format of the syllabus: PDF format, EPUB (Nook) format or MOBI (Kindle) format. The ISTQB Foundation Level Extension Agile Tester was accredited by the ASTQB July 2014. The course follows the ISTQB Foundation Level Extension Agile Tester Syllabus 2014.