Software Testing: The Next Generation Virtual Course
From traditional testers to software development engineers in test (SDETs) to programmers doing unit testing, everybody in the development team is doing testing now. You’re probably spending lots of time and energy on testing, but are you getting the benefits you should? In this class, you learn the techniques that will allow you to create tests that will find important bugs when you develop new code, reduce regression risk when you change existing code, and build confidence when you deliver software. This class will allow you to defy conventional wisdom. Why move fast and break stuff when you can move even faster and not break stuff? Why release early and be ashamed of your first version when you can release even earlier and be proud of it? In three days, you’ll learn the essential test techniques that will set you and your products apart from the crowd.
The objectives of this course are:
- Design and develop tests based on expected behavior (black box), using techniques including:
- Equivalence classes and boundary value analysis
- Decision tables
- State-transition diagrams
- Domain testing
- Pairwise techniques
- Measure and enhance test coverage based on implementation details (white box), using techniques like:
- Statement and branch coverage.
- McCabe Cyclomatic Complexity and basis tests.
- If the optional third day is chosen, select appropriate unit and integration test automation strategies, using tools for:
- Test-driven development
- Behavior-driven development
- Acceptance test-driven development
Attendees attend the virtual classroom via GoToWebinar. Sessions start at 12:00 noon Central and end 3:30 pm Central, to provide convenient access to attendees anywhere in the American hemisphere. A recorded session is made available to attendees within 48 hours. Purchase of the course tuition includes:
- Instructor-led consecutive three-day 3½ hours per day virtual course
- A downloadable copy of the complete note set. Download the materials to a PC or mobile device. There is no expiration date on access to this valuable resource as they will be downloadable.
- Programs written in C, Java, and/or C++
- This is a "Green" course. The option to purchase hard copy materials is available.
- Course completion certificate (often used for employer reimbursement)
There are no cancellations or registration transfers to another date within 30 dates prior to the start of the course. You will be held responsible for 100% of the tuition if you cancel your registration within that time period. If the course is canceled by RBCS you will received a 100% refund or, upon your request, your tuition can be moved to another course.