STPCon Spring 2020 Conference and Certification Courses in San Diego, March 29-April 2, 2020
The Software Test Professionals Conference (STPCon) is the leading event where test leadership, management and strategy converge. The hottest topics in the industry are covered including agile testing, performance testing, test automation, mobile application testing, and test team leadership and management. Attending this conference will help you meet your professional career goals and give you the opportunity to improve your software testing techniques; find the latest tools; discover emerging trends; develop new or improve existing processes; network and gather with other high-level professionals; and gain industry insight you won’t find anywhere else.
2000 Second Street,
Coronado, CA, United States, 92118
+1.800.228.9290 (Reservations – Reference: Software Test Professionals Conference)
ISTQB Test Engineering Foundation Training
Sunday, March 29 - Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Register with our partner at STPCon.
The Foundation Level Test course, created by Rex Black, past President of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB), past President of the American Software Testing Qualifications Board (ASTQB), Project Manager and Technical Editor for ISTQB Foundation Syllabus 2018, Chair of the Agile Working Group, and co-author of over ten other ISTQB syllabi, this course is ideal for testers and test teams preparing for certification.
This course provides testers, developers, test engineers, test analysts, SDETs/SETs, DevQAers, DevTesters, and test managers with the essential ideas, processes, tools, and skills they need to apply fundamental testing best practices. This hands-on course covers the major test techniques with lecture and exercises.
The objectives of the course are as follows:
- Review the major test design techniques with lecture and exercises
- Methodology behind a successful testing program and covers a wide range of issues, from those related to the individual tester to those related to the testing department as a whole
- The testing process is presented, both through theory and hands-on exercises that follow an example project, including the difficult tasks of tracking and presenting tests results
- Creation of a test environment and test automation is also covered, along with system development lifecycles and how they affect testing
Purchase of the course tuition includes:
- Complimentary access to the RBCS e-learning course
- Instructor-led three-day course
- A set of approximately 400 PowerPoint slides covering the topics to be addressed
- NEW!! A downloadable copy of the complete note set. Download the materials to a PC or mobile device. There is no expiration date on access to this valuable resource as they will be downloadable. Digital rights management and intellectual property rights are protected by some limitations such as the inability to share the file with others. Further, while the materials can be printed, each page includes a prominent watermark, with the exception of the pages in the ISTQB Syllabus and Glossary.
- Four sample Foundation Level mock exams to provide a review of the Foundation Level exam
- ISTQB Foundation Level Syllabus
- The latest glossary of terms used in Software Testing produced by members of the ISTQB
- Standards for Software Testing
- Test Engineering Foundation Sample Exam Questions embedded throughout course
- Exercise solutions
- Project Source Documents for Course Exercises
- Exam price included in tuition. The exam will be offered onsite with results available immediately. Alternatively, a voucher can be issued to be used at a Pearson Vue Testing center.
- Course completion certificate (often used for employer reimbursement)
This course was accredited by the ASTQB August 2018. This course follows the ISTQB Foundation Level Syllabus 2018.